These veggie skewers are easy to whip and will help you maximise your vegetable intake.
- 4 peppers (red, green or yellow), cut into large pieces
- 1 aubergine, cut into large pieces
- 2-3 red onions
- 4 baby marrows, sliced
- 250 g pack halloumi cheese, cut into large pieces (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil for brushing
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oreganum
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed or finely chopped
- Juice of a small lemon
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Prepare your vegetables: Remove the seeds from the peppers and cut into similar pieces (about 3 cm in size). Cut all vegetables into similar size pieces (about 3 cm in size). Cut the onions in half and then cut each half again in 2-3 pieces. Cut the aubergine and the halloumi into pieces of 2-3 cm each. Cut the baby marrows into slices.
- Thread all the vegetables and halloumi onto a skewer. Alternate the vegetables and place the onions at the ends.
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic and herbs together and brush the skewers with the mixture.
- Preheat the grill and place the skewers on the grill once the grill is hot. Grill the skewers about 5-6 minutes per side, until the vegetables are softened and lightly browned or charred around the edges. Remember to brush the skewers frequently while grilling.
- Remove from the heat and enjoy!
Remember to soak the skewers roughly 15 minutes in water before starting. The number of skewers required will depend on the size of the vegetables and how they are placed on the skewer.