A ‘microwave-2-minute-and-it’s-ready’ recipe by @pullupsandpeanutbutter
- 1/2 a ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp instant coffee (dissolved in about 30 ml boiling water)
- 2 TBS coconut flour
- 1/2 a serving Bluelab 100% Whey protein powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
*Optional- You can add 2 to 3 TBS xylitol or a sweetener of choice.
** Adding some chocolate chips or some chopped dates to the mixture would also take this simple mug cake to another level.
***I kept this recipe super simple so that the calories will be low enough that you will be able to decorate with sugar free chocolate/nut butter/sprinkles etc.
1. Spray a mug with some cooking spray and set aside.
2. Add the banana and egg to a blender or and blend until smooth (You can also do this by hand).
3. Add the dissolved coffee to this as well (and the optional sweetener). Blend/Mix again.
4. Lastly, add the coconut flour and the baking powder together and then add that to the mug. Mix until combined (The mixture will be quite thick, if you would like to thin it out a bit, add a few TBS of almond milk).
5. Spoon the mixture into your mug and pop into the microwave for 2 minutes. Just make sure that you are nearby as the mug cake does rise and you may need to stop the microwave to make sure the cake doesn’t overflow.
6. Now the fun part- Decorate to your hearts content!