These delicious brownies are made without using flour and are also vegan-friendly. Try them out!
Recipe by: Gina Burgess
- 1 400g tin black beans – drained and rinsed
- 1 cup medjool dates (if they’re quite dry then just soak in boiling water for 10 mins, then drain)
- 1/2 cup cocoa/cacao powder
- 2 scoops of USN Plant Protein
- 1 tbsp smooth nut butter of choice
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Splash almond milk/plant milk of choice
- Preheat the oven to 180° C and roughly line a 9×9″ brownie tin with baking paper and grease using coconut oil.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and process on high for a couple of minutes – until a consistently smooth batter forms. Pulse again if there’s any bits/lumps left.
- Spoon this into the lined brownie tin and smooth over with a spatula.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, then leave to cool in the tray for at least 20 minutes. Then, slice into 9 squares. For best results, keep in an airtight container in the fridge.