Being on diet doesn’t mean you have to compromise on fun, social time with your loved ones! Try out our healthy Lemon & Honey Chicken & Vegetable Kebabs to put on your braai this Heritage Day.
Lemon & Honey Chicken & Vegetable Kebabs:
4 skinless chicken breasts
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. honey
1 tsp. olive oil
Pinch black pepper
2 bell peppers, of different colours
1 large red or white onion
1. Cut chicken breasts into cubes.
2. Mix lemon juice, honey, olive oil and black pepper in a bowl to make a marinade.
3. Place chicken breast cubes into marinade to soak for 1 hour.
4. Rinse and chop bell peppers into square-shaped pieces.
5. Peel onion and chop into square-shaped slices.
6. Assemble kebabs by placing chicken, bell pepper and onion pieces onto a skewer, repeat until skewer is full.
7. Cook on a prepared braai, turning each side until cooked and golden in colour.
8. Enjoy chicken and vegetable kebabs with a fresh, light salad!