MINI CARROT CAKES
Tried, tested and made with love by @lauradfit
Carrot Cake Ingredients:
550g (2 cups) almond flour
15ml (3 tsp) coconut flour
30ml (2 tbsp) coconut oil
45ml (3 tbsp) raw honey (or granulated sweetener / coconut sugar equivalent)
80ml (1⁄3 cup) unsweetened apple sauce
80ml (1⁄3 cup) grated carrots
5ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
1ml (1⁄8 tsp) Himalayan rock salt
2ml (1⁄2 tsp) cinnamon
1ml (1⁄4 tsp) nutmeg
5ml (1 tsp) baking soda / bicarbonate of soda
5ml (1 tsp) baking powder
75g (1⁄3 cup) pecan nuts, chopped
113g (1⁄4 cup) dried cranberries
120ml (1⁄2 cup) Greek yoghurt
240ml (1 cup) cottage cheese or quark
5ml (1 tbsp) granulated sweetener
5ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract or powder
1 scoop USN BlueLab™ 100% Whey Vanilla or Buttermilk flavour
1. Mix your frosting ingredients with a fork. Place in the fridge for 1 hour before frosting cake.
2. Pre-heat oven to 350F/180 ̊C.
3. Insert 12 muffin casings into a muffin tray and spray with spray ‘n cook or wipe with coconut oil.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients.
5. Add wet ingredients and mix well.
6. Add in carrots, nuts and pecans and stir in.
7. Pour batter into the muffin casings (3/4 full- the batter makes 12) and bake for 20 – 25 minutes (until a toothpick comes out clean).
8. Allow to cool completely before frosting.