We have all heard the overused and cliché term: new year, new me. Although this is the desire of most people and the initial commitment is there, most individuals give up on their plan to lose weight and get the body of their dreams after just a few months, sometimes even weeks. So how do the successful people get it done and what causes people to give up?
The root of the problem
The biggest issue with new year transformations are that people tend to start off too intensely from the word go. They would usually cut out all carbs and go to the gym 5 or 6 times a week. They would avoid any form of alcohol and “unhealthy food” and in a lot of cases avoid socializing with friends as to not be tempted in to eating or drinking “wrong”. The majority of these individuals suffer burn-out after a month when their bodies can simply no longer sustain the strain of intense exercise paired with inferior nutrition.
Most individuals also make the decision to get fit and lose weight during their holidays when they are relaxed. When they get back to work and all the pressures of daily life return, exercise and proper eating habits are the first to be compromised.
How do you make successful fitness new year’s resolutions?
- Do not dive in too deep, too soon: Allow your body a week or 2 to adjust to exercise and to the restriction of carbs, sugars and fats. Adjustment is key. You will be able to sustain your eating/ training plan much longer if you do not over-do it in the start.
- Do not look for quick fixes: Most fad diets and quick fixes advertised are only designed to make money. It is important to realize from the start that losing weight or building muscle takes time and effort.
- It gets better with time: Every day that you keep on going, you are one step closer to your goal. Enjoy the small victories and give yourself credit where it is due.
- Set realistic and sustainable goals: Losing weight and building muscle is not something that happens by training for short, intense periods every few months. It is a lifestyle change and needs constant work to be sustained. Allow yourself rest days when you are too tired but try not to skip consecutive days of training. Setting realistic and achievable goals is key to keeping yourself motivated. Always keep in mind that you are in this for the long run.
- Get the right support: It is important to make the journey as easy as possible for yourself by getting the right supplements to support your body’s needs. Starting on a calorie restricting diet and training plan may cause an inadequate intake of essential nutrients. This can leave you tired, hungry and with stiff and sore muscles. We will discuss some of USN’s products that can support you on your journey later.
- Enjoy the little things in life: Allow yourself a cheat meal or cheat drink once a week. This will not only keep you sane and motivated, but it will be a guilt-free reward for persevering an entire week. It is a celebration of a full week’s commitment.
- Get in touch with an expert: Speak to someone who is educated and experienced in body transformations. Getting the help you need from an external person will also give you accountability. A well-designed eating and training plan will also make a big difference in your results as it will take into consideration the body’s limitations, needs and strengths. This will also give you better tools to track your progress.
How can USN help you reach the goals you set for yourself?
USN offers uniquely balanced weight loss and muscle building solutions. If you are looking to lose weight or build muscle, have a look at these solutions on our website.
Weight loss solution 1: PhedraCut LIPO X, Diet Fuel Ultralean and CLA Pure 1000
This stack will curb your hunger and support you during calorie restricted eating plans. It will also provide you with energy and focus for training. There is also a toning factor in the CLA Pure 1000 and this will support you in getting in to shape faster.*
Weight loss solution 2: KETO Fat Burn, KETO BHB Salts and KETO MCT Oil
This stack will support you when taking on a KETO diet. It is a complete formulation to kick your body in to Ketosis faster and keep it in Ketosis for longer. It also supports the daily fat requirement of a KETO diet and provides you with energy. This stack is ideal when you are planning to use your fat to fuel your body.
Muscle building solution: Hyperbolic Mass, XTS Hyperdrive & ALL9™ Amino
The stack is designed to give your muscle the proper support during intense training sessions that muscle building requires. It is high in protein, provides your body with amino acids to support muscle growth & recovery and supplies you with an extreme energy burst during training. It also contains Tribulus Terrestris to boost performance and support muscle tissue growth.
*This product is indicated to assist weight loss as part of a weight management programme. Only effective when combined with a balanced, energy-restricted eating plan and regular physical activity. This unregistered medicine has not been evaluated by the SAHPRA for its quality, safety or intended use.