Treat yourself to these protein custard slices from @pullupsandpeanutbutter.
For the crust:
- 1/3 of a sleeve of some Gullón sugar free fibre biscuits, crushed
For the tart:
- 1 bag of pumpkin, steamed
- 2 cups unsweetened milk
- 2 servings Bluelab 100% Whey Vanilla protein
- 4 tbsp caramel custard powder
- 1/2 tsp stevia powder and a few drops of liquid sweetener (optional) OR 1/2 cup xylitol/erythritol OR 1/3 cup honey
- 1 ½ sachets gelatine (about 3 tbsp gelatine powder)
Spray a dish with cooking spray and line the bottom of the dish with your biscuits. I broke my biscuits up as they wouldn’t fit the bottom of my dish nicely but it’s completely up to you.
Steam your pumpkin in the microwave and then add to a blender. Blend until smooth.
Now, add 450 ml of milk to a pot and bring to the boil.
While the milk is heating up, add 50 ml of milk to a bowl, and add your custard powder and sweetener. Mix until there are no lumps in the mixture.
Pour this into the rest of the milk and whisk until the mixture becomes nice and thick.
Slowly add the protein powder to this mixture and whisk.
Lastly, add the sachets of gelatine to the mixture and continue mixing (The last thing you want is lumps- If lumps do occur DON’T STRESS, pouring this mixture into the blender will get rid of them).
After about 5 minutes or so, take the mixture off the heat and pour in your pumpkin purée. Mix again. You should now have a delicious, smooth and creamy mixture that’s waiting to set.
Pour over your biscuits and pop into the fridge to set.
You can either decorate with a drizzle of sugar free chocolate and top with a protein bar or leave as is.