A delicious twist on the classic Lemon Meringue Pie.
Recipe by @barbellsandbrowniesza
Lemon meringue custard
- 1 ½ cups of water
- ½ cup Bluelab 100% Whey vanilla protein powder
- 6 packets vanilla Canderel sachets
- ½ teaspoon Stevia powder
- 4 Tablespoons corn starch
- 1 Tablespoon delight foods sugar-free custard syrup
- A pinch of salt
- 2 lemons juiced and zested
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 Tablespoons lite margarine
Pour water into non-stick pan and let simmer.
Mix corn starch in a separate bowl with a little bit of water and make a paste. Slowly add into the water and keep whisking so no lumps are formed.
Slowly add in the protein powder and Canderel and Stevia, salt, lemon justice and zest, and keep whisking. Make sure the stove is not too hot. Slowly add in the eggs always whisking the mixture so no lumps form.
Take the mixture off the heat add in the custard syrup and the margarine and keep whisking.
To assemble the pie place the custard mixture on-top of the crust then slowly place the lemon meringue on top of the custard, make sure you make peaks at the top.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
- 4 egg whites (room temperature)
- 3 packets of Canderel vanilla sachets
Beat until you form stiff peaks
- 5 Gullon Sugar free digestive biscuits
- 20g Oat flour
- 20g coconut oil
- ¼ tsp stevia
Blend all together and layer at the bottom of a pie dish bake 160 degrees for 10 min
Divide pie into 6 pieces and you will get 209 calories, 11g of protein, 18g carbs and 10g fat per slice.