Very quick and easy Protein Peppermint Crisp Tart recipe by @squats_and_scrumpchies.
- 1.5-2 servings Bluelab 100% Whey protein, ideally the Peppermint Crisp flavour. Should you not have this, then a chocolate flavoured protein with a few drops of peppermint essence will do.
- 1 tub (250g) plain fat free cottage cheese
- 2/3 cup plain fat free yogurt
- Sweetener of choice to taste
- Caramel essence/ vanilla essence (optional)
- 1 sachet (10g) of gelatin dissolved in a little bit of warm water
What to do:
It’s as easy as combining all the above ingredients until they are mixed well. It should be smooth and creamy.
Optional base layer: In a greased glass dish, cover the bottom with a crushed up weet-bix or some crushed up all-bran flakes + a bit of puffed rice or puffed wheat.
Pour tart mixture over the base and place in the refrigerator to set. Once set, top with grated chocolate of choice. (I grated up a piece of Trust Crunch protein bars, salted caramel peanut flavour) and a @pb2foods caramel drizzle (mixed with a little bit of almond milk + caramel essence).