Love the traditional sticky rice crispy treats your mom used to make, but looking for a healthier alternative? Give this protein packed recipe from @nastassia_lamont a try!
These super simple treats require only 4 ingredients to make! They’re sweet, chewy, crunchy, and delicious, it’s hard to believe they’re all natural, refined sugar free, and gluten free!
- 350 g Rice Krispies
- 250 ml coconut oil (melted)
- 4 scoops USN BlueLab Whey Protein (Bar-One is the best for that super chocolate flavour but you can use any flavour you like, even give the buttermilk flavour a go!)
- 2 tbsp. cinnamon
- Add all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add melted coconut oil to the dry ingredients, continue to mix well, ensuring Rice Krispies are evenly coated.
- Line 2 cupcake/muffin trays with cupcake/muffin liners and add 1 ice-cream scoop of coated Rice Krispies to the cupcake/muffin cup.
- Once the tray is filled, pop it into the freezer and leave for 20 minutes.
- When ready-enjoy! Keep refrigerated.
Optional Extras: You can add 3 heaped tablespoons of your favourite nut butter to the melted coconut oil.
WARNING! Yes, these might well be a definite healthier and nutrient packed treat, but they are highly calorie dense. Eat in moderation.
Makes 20 servings.
Nutritional value per serving without optional extra: Calories: 190.4| Fat: 11.9g| Carbohydrates: 14.6g| Protein: 4.62g