This low-carb, high-protein treat has no added sugar, making it the perfect indulgence. It’s also packed with superfood ingredients for a health boost!
Recipe by Nadia @squats_and_scrumpchies.
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 2 heaped scoops USN BlueLab 100% Whey Protein, Strawberry flavour
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- 2-3 tsp chia seeds
- 60 ml erythritol
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp psyllium husk
- 500 g steamed pumpkin
- 60 ml milk
- 3 eggs
- 20 ml lemon juice
- 1 heaped tsp natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp (5 ml) coconut oil
- 1 tsp rose water (optional)
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Make sure there are no lumps.
- In a blender, blend all the wet ingredients until mixture is quite frothy.
- Fold the blended wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients, little by little, until well mixed. Be careful not to over-mix the batter as you want the cake to be fluffy and light, not dense.
- Grease a cake tin and bake at 180° C for about 45 minutes.
- Fat-free cottage cheese
- USN BlueLab 100% Whey Protein, Strawberry flavour
- Stevia or sweetener of choice
- ½ tsp natural peanut butter
- Vanilla essence or rose water
- Blend all ingredients together – fat-free cottage cheese, USN whey protein powder, peanut butter, rose water or vanilla essence and sweetener.
- Spread over your cake and enjoy!