Accelerate your body’s fat burning state, ketosis. The ketogenic diet enables your body to use fat as a source of fuel instead of carbs. Many people have found it to be an effective way to lose weight and feel great!
WHAT IS THE KETO DIET?
The Ketogenic Diet, known as the Keto Diet, is a low-carb, high-fat & moderate-protein diet that puts your body in a fat-burning state: Ketosis. Ketosis, a metabolic process, occurs when your body doesn’t have enough glycogen (stored glucose) to utilise as energy due to your reduced carb intake. Fat stores will then be burned for energy instead of glucose.
As a result, Ketones will form, which serve as an alternative source of energy for the brain, heart & muscle. This continuous process of staying in Ketosis rapidly increases the amount of fat you burn during rest, daily activity & exercise helping you burn more fat & lose more weight.
15 IMPORTANT KETO TIPS
So, what are the key points to take note of when starting this diet? We have compiled a list of everyday questions regarding the Keto diet:
- Start simple and plan ahead – get a KETO eating plan & exercise plan that you enjoy.
- Significantly increase fat intake & limit your carb intake, adhering to the 70/20/10 calorie ratio (70% calories from fat, 20% from protein, 10% from carbs/mostly salads).
- Maintain a moderate protein intake – too much protein can limit Ketosis. Consuming more than the required amount of protein will turn it into an energy source which will hamper the effect of the fats/oils.
- Track your macronutrients, especially when starting. Know how many calories you eat.
- Invest in a food scale – weighing your food can make a big difference if you are trying to lose weight.
- Getting KETO-adapted takes a few days. Slowly adjust your meals and stick to the KETO guidelines to get you through possible “KETO-flu”.
- Consume enough vegetables/salads to meet your fibre requirements (mostly green/leafy).
- Add USN® MCT Oil to your meals to help you meet your fat requirements, stay in Ketosis and stay energized.
- Make sure your drinks are completely sugar-free and carb-free.
- The KETO diet should always be followed. Having high carbohydrate foods now and then will hinder Ketosis.
- Try and follow an intermittent fasting regime by not eating anything after 8PM or before 12PM the following morning and exercise on an empty stomach having only water and your KETO Fat Burn capsules.
- Keep a food journal every now and then to ensure your macronutrients are still on track and explore KETO-friendly recipes and restaurant options.
- Stay hydrated, use USN® BHB Salts for adequate electrolytes which are vital for all-day energy.
- Make your favourite foods KETO-friendly and pre-cook your food. Always have MCT oil handy.
- Balance your increased acidity levels (caused by a KETO diet) by using USN® KETO Alkaline Powder.